How about organising a family quiz to find out more about your Dad or Grandad? It's a great chance to get to know them better.
If the grandchildren are asking the questions they'll feel even more involved.
This quiz works well on a video call and is a good way of including grandparents who sometimes struggle to hear on these kind of calls, making them the centre of attention, with everyone listening to them. Don’t forget to record the answers through audio, writing them down or video, this quiz will become a cherished memory.
If you'd like the questions in a Word document please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepare Dad or Grandad for the quiz by giving them the questions beforehand and even some prompts, such as looking at family photos, heirlooms or any objects which jog the memory.
Prepare grandchildren by giving them a selection of questions to ask.
Don't rush the quiz, take your time and stop if Dad/Grandad gets tired, you can continue another day.
1. Where and when were you born?
2. How many brothers and sisters did you have?
3. Where were you in the line up?
4. What was your home like?
5. What were your mum and dad like?
6. What was the best advice they gave to you?
7. What were your grandparents like?
8. What was your favourite toy?
9. What games did you like to play as a child?
10. What was your favourite school lesson?
11. Did you go to church?
12. What is the naughtiest thing you did as a child?
13. What did you want to be when you grew up?
14. Do you remember seeing your first car/first aeroplane?
15. When did your family get your first television?
16. Where were you when the first moon walk took place?
17. What age did you leave school?
18. What was your first job?
19. When did you learn to drive and in which car?
20. Tell us about your first flight.
Meeting the Love of Your Life
21. When did you meet Mum/Grandma?
22. How did you know she was the one?
23. How did you propose to Mum/Grandma?
24. How did you choose the names of your children?
25. Who was the strictest, Mum or Dad?
26. What’s your favourite meal?
27. What’s your favourite treat?
28. What’s your favourite book, tv show or sport?
29. What’s one of your favourite activities now?
30. If you could plan a family trip, where would we go and what would we do?
Ask your Dad or Grandad to choose a selection of photos and get people to guess who's who in the photo.