Let’s cheer ourselves up with a family quiz by strolling down Memory Lane recalling happier times.
This quiz works well on a video call and is a great way of including grandparents who sometimes struggle to hear on these kind of calls, making them the centre of attention, with everyone listening to them. Don’t forget to record the answers through audio, writing them down or video, this quiz will become a cherished memory.
If you'd like the questions in a Word document, more questions or you'd like to know more about writing your life story please email me: email@example.com.
These questions are designed for grandchildren to ask grandparents. Chat with your grandparents, give them the questions beforehand and some prompts looking at family photos, heirlooms or any objects which jog the memory. Don't rush the quiz, take your time and stop when grandparents get tired, you can continue another day.
Prepare grandchildren by giving them a selection of questions to ask.
1. When and where were you born?
2. How many brothers and sisters did you have?
3. Where were you in the line up?
4. What was your favourite toy?
5. What games did you like to play as a child?
6. How often did you have a bath?
7. Did you have a favourite schoolteacher or subject?
8. What’s the naughtiest thing you did as a child?
9. What’s the funniest thing you did as a child?
10. What was in your Christmas stocking as a child?
11. What was your favourite Christmas present as a child?
12. Did your family have any Christmas traditions?
13. What was your favourite family activity?
14. What was your favourite family holiday?
15. Did you have a favourite pet?
1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What’s your favourite activity and why?
3. If you could plan a family trip, where would we go and what would we do?
4. If you could only take three things to a desert island what would you take?
5. If you could only have one wish what would it be?
6. What are you most proud of?
7. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?
8. If you could switch places for one day with another family member, who would it be and why?
9. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
10. What makes you happy when you are sad?
Ask your grandparents to choose a selection of photos and get people to guess who's who in the photo.